Breastfeeding - Easy Lactation Bites
Before Little J hit the one-year-old milestone, he was fully breastfed. I never was one of those lucky mummies that seemed to produce ample milk so I was always playing catch-up in terms of pumping for his needs while I pulled 10-12 hour days in the office.
Easy Lactation Bites Recipe
Lactation Energy Bites
- 1 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1 c. oat flour (grind oats in blender to form oat flour)
- 1 c. Orgain vanilla protein
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
*Note: can also add Brewer’s Yeast &/or flax seed for additional lactation support
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted/liquid form)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & line large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients with a spatula.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients & mix with a spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, or your hands, form bite-sized balls & place on prepared sheet pan, about an inch apart.
- Bake for 10 mins. then flip bites & bake for an additional 10 mins.
- Remove & place sheet pan on cooling rack.